How to Sell Your House Fast While Relocating
If you’re relocating, whether for a job or a new start, you probably want to sell your house beforehand. However, selling prior to moving isn’t always possible when listing your home with a realtor.
Fortunately, our experienced home buyer may have a solution for you!
The process of selling your house doesn’t have to be difficult, and it can be done on your own terms. Here’s how you can sell your house fast while relocating.
Why Sell a House When Relocating?
Are you questioning whether or not you should sell your house before relocating?
There are a few reasons why it may be important to get an old property off your hands before you go, including:
- Cover relocation costs - Buying or renting a house is never cheap. And you may be moving into a market where you need the cash of a home sale to be competitive. Selling before moving helps cover the cost of relocating, so you can get your life started somewhere new!
- Prevent double house payments - Owning a house is expensive. Imagine paying utility costs, taxes, and maintenance fees on two properties! Selling before relocating can help you avoid financial strain in your time of change.
- Avoid having vacant property - Will your house be vacant if you don't sell it? Owning vacant property, especially if you’re moving to a different state, may raise some serious concerns. Vacant homes attract crime, and if you don’t have vacant or unoccupied home insurance, you’re liable for amending any vandalization.
How to Sell Your House Fast While Relocating
If you’re selling due to relocation, you probably don’t have months to wait for buyers! So, what are your options?
In this situation, you can either list your home with an experienced REALTOR® or sell it to a local home buyer.
1. List Your House With a REALTOR®
If you need to sell fast, a REALTOR® may have the expertise to value and advertise your home. However, the key here is to price your house competitively, so it’s more appealing than what’s currently on the market.
But there’s a catch – hiring an agent, especially an experienced one, is often expensive. Be prepared to pay a REALTOR® up to six percent of the price you sell your house for.
Not to mention, you will be at the mercy of your buyer and buyer’s agent’s timelines. In many cases, your REALTOR® won’t have an exact date of when you can close on the sale. This is because they won’t know until a few days before the estimated closing date.
Ultimately, if you have the means to pay for two mortgages until you can close your home sale, selling with an agent (if the house doesn’t need any major repairs!) can be beneficial.
2. Sell Your House to a Cash Home Buyer
Even with a full-service REALTOR® and total seller honesty, you might not find a buyer willing to purchase your home – at least on your schedule! Even if you do, you still need banks or mortgage lenders to approve everything on time.
If you need to find a buyer that can close quickly, your best option is to sell to a cash buyer that’s willing to buy your house as-is. Fortunately, that’s where Reliant Home Buyers of TN comes in!
As an East Tennessee native, and a local real estate expert, our owner Justin can make you a fair cash offer and close the deal fast. And the best part is, you get to choose your closing date!
You’ll receive cash for your property, allowing you to focus on relocating and settling into your new space.
We Buy Houses in the Greater Knoxville Area
Need to sell a house with water damage or foundation issues? Check! Not sure if your property has fallen subject to unpermitted work or code violations? At Reliant Home Buyers of TN, we’ve helped hundreds of homeowners sell their houses fast for cash!
Get in touch with our home buyers to go over potential solutions today! We’ll call to schedule a walk-through of your property and consult with you on any next steps.
If you’re relocating and need to sell quickly, here are a few reasons you should sell to us:
- No waiting for buyers - Selling to us means you won’t have to make any changes to your house before selling. Plus, there’s no need for open houses, showings, or time-consuming negotiations.
- Choose your closing date - We understand that you need to sell quickly, which is why we’ll let you name your closing date. With Reliant Home Buyers of TN, you won't have to wait months to finish the deal. Just tell us when you’d like to close and we’ll make it happen!
- Know how much money you’re making - Relocating requires a certain budget. We can help you meet the number you have in mind, so you can rest assured you'll have enough capital for the move. After a 15-30 minute walk-through of your home, we’ll provide you with a list of repairs and their estimated costs. If we make you a fair cash offer, it’ll be based on the condition and location of your property, as well as the price of other recently sold homes in the area.
- There’s zero obligation to sell - If you’re interested in selling to us, fantastic! However, if you’re having second thoughts, let us know. There’s never any pressure to sign with us.
Selling a House Due to Relocation?
Are you trying to sell a house in East Tennessee so you can relocate somewhere else? Contact Reliant Home Buyers of TN!
Have a question for our expert homebuyers? Call 865-567-6391 for more information.